FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Indianapolis, Indiana, [September 29, 2020] — The Metrics Toolkit (www.metrics-toolkit.org), a free guide to research impact metrics, is pleased to announce several new Editorial Board members have joined our international team of experts:
- Manolis Antonoyiannakis, Associate Editor and Bibliostatistics Analyst at the American Physical Society, and an Adjunct Associate Research Scientist at the Department of Applied Physics & Applied Mathematics at Columbia University.
- Barbara S. Lancho Barrantes, Bibliometrician leading the Bibliometrics service at the University of Leeds and member of the LIS-Bibliometrics committee as a Competencies Development Officer and the Innovative Metrics Working Group – LIBER.
- Maria Manuel Borges, Associate Professor in Information Science at the University of Coimbra and co-coordinator of the Digital Humanities Group at the Centre for 20th Century Interdisciplinary Studies – CEIS20 of the University of Coimbra and a member of the editorial board of national and international journals and Associate Editor of the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
- Alisa Surkis, Assistant Director for Research Data and Metrics and Vice Chair for Research at the NYU Health Sciences Library, leading efforts at NYU Langone Health to track and assess the impact of publications.
- Zohreh Zahedi, visiting researcher at the Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS) of Leiden University in the Netherlands and editorial board of Journal of Altmetrics.
We are also excited that several inaugural Board members will be continuing to work with us. We are grateful for their dedication and fantastic work over the past year.
- Robin Chin Roemer, Head of Instructional Design & Outreach Services at the University of Washington Libraries in Seattle and author of Meaningful Metrics: A 21st Century Librarian’s Guide to Research Impact, Bibliometrics, and Altmetrics
- Rodrigo Costas, a senior researcher at the Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS) at Leiden University, and an Extraordinary Associate Professor at the Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology (CREST) of Stellenbosch University
- Karen Gutzman, Head, Research Assessment and Communications at Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center at Northwestern University
The Editorial Board, with the Metrics Toolkit’s co-founders, Robin Champieux (Oregon Health & Science University), Heather Coates (Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis), and Stacy Konkiel (Altmetric), in continuing to update, improve, and expand the Toolkit over time.
Metrics Toolkit Editorial Board members are chosen for their proven expertise in a wide variety of research impact metrics. Board members direct Toolkit content development to emphasize the most current, high-quality, evidence-based recommendations for using and interpreting research impact metrics in a variety of contexts.
For more information about our plans for 2020 and beyond, take a look at our Roadmap.
Visit metrics-toolkit.org to learn more.
About the Metrics Toolkit: The Metrics Toolkit (www.metrics-toolkit.org) is a free guide that helps researchers and evaluators understand commonly used and emerging research impact metrics. Supported by IUPUI, OHSU, Force11, and Altmetric, the Toolkit offers clear, research-backed, provider-agnostic summaries of what metrics mean in practice for researchers from all disciplines.