There are so many great resources out there! We’ve selected a brief list to get you started without overwhelming you with too many options.
Check out the succinct handouts and guides at WhatAreAltmetrics?
Watch this video guide to altmetrics for beginners.
Still want to know more? This reading list from ResponsibleMetrics.org is really good.
Books & Book Chapters
- Beyond bibliometrics: harnessing multidimensional indicators of scholarly impact by Blaise Cronin & Cassidy Sugimoto (eds.)
- Priem, J. (2014) ‘Altmetrics’ (Open access chapter from Beyond Bibliometrics: Harnessing Multidimensional Indicators of Scholarly Impact)
- The evaluation of research by scientometric indicators by Vinkler, P.
- Measuring Research: What Everyone Needs to Know by Cassidy Sugimoto and Vincent Larivière (forthcoming, 2018)
- Hicks, D., Wouters, P., Waltman, L., de Rijcke, S., and Rafols, I. (2015) ‘Bibliometrics: The Leiden Manifesto for research metrics.’ Nature. 520, 429-431. doi:10.1038/520429a
- Priem, J., Taraborelli,, D., Groth, P. and Neylon, C. (2010) Altmetrics: a manifesto.
- Costas, R., Zahedi, Z. and Wouters, P. (2014) ‘Do altmetrics correlate with citations? Extensive comparison of altmetric indicators with citations from a multidisciplinary perspective.’ JASIST 66(10). (preprint)
- Thelwall, M. (2016). Interpreting correlations between citation counts and other indicators. Scientometrics, 108(1), 337-347. (preprint)
This page has been adapted from WhatAreAltmetrics.com under a CC-BY license.